Monday, October 27, 2008

One week later

So, a week has passed already since we lost Angel. I knew it would go quick, and here it has flashed past already.

I cried quite a bit for the first few days. I felt physically sick and sore at the thought that she's gone & still now when I really think about how completely she's gone, the ache is still there. I find it hard to accept the permanency that I can never again feel her soft fur or smell her Angel smell (even though it was hardly a floral scent IYKWIM). But I have moved forward.

David says he finds it hard going outside for his smokes & coffee. The patio seems so empty to him & he's lonely out there without Angel. It's harder for him. She was his dog. Also he hasn't really had the emotional release like I've had, he keeps trying to bottle it up. Saturday was a difficult day for him.

So anyway, that's not what this post is all about. I've made a big start to the kids' Christmas Cards for their classmates. This is the last year I'm doing it for Sasha. I think next year, she can just choose which friends she wants to send to & we'll buy some cards for that. Nikita has Kindy & Pre-Primary to go after this year. Anyhow, the cards I'm doing are quite simple, so I'm going to get through them quite quickly. The longest part will be getting the kids to write their names on the bottom of each one.

No comments: