Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tooth Fairy

On Tuesday, 18 August, at nearly 6 yrs 2mths old Sasha first baby tooth wobbled its last wobble. It's been a loooong time coming as that tooth got wobbly almost 2 months ago - just a few short days after her birthday in fact.

Since her birthday she has had one adult molar erupt & one of her adult incisors at the bottom is coming through behind her loosest baby tooth. Two more of her incisors are loose & one of them is probably on it's last week.

She was very brave with it coming out. During the weeks it was getting looser, there were a few tears when she'd bite something funny & get hurt. But on the night it finally came out, she came out of her room. I was a bit cranky (as I tend to be when they get up after bedtime) & asked her why she was up. She needed a tissue & showed me one with blood on it. I thought she must have been picking her face again. But no, she'd been fiddling with her loose tooth & hooked it underneath from the back. So it was really loose now. I told her to just pull it out, but she wasn't ready to do that. So I told her to go back to bed & maybe it would come out in the morning. So she headed off to her bedroom. Next thing I hear "Oh my gosh!" in a loud, excited whisper & she came down with her tiny little toothy peg in her hand & a big, gappy grin on her face.

The Tooth Fairy came that night & dutifully left $2 in a swirl of fairy dust (glitter), so an early morning ensued.

I can't believe we're up to this already. It seems like such a short time ago that she was just a little toddler who had just learnt to walk in her cute sneakers with lights on them. I remember her oooh-ing and aaah-ing as she turned in circles trying to look at the lights on the sides of her shoes. So cute!! And yet, I can hardly remember life before her - it seemed to happen to someone else.

No comments: