Saturday, April 25, 2009

ANZAC Day 2009

Lest we forget.

We had planned to go to the Dawn Service at Kings Park, followed by breakfast in the city & then watch the parade. David was supposed to be home on holidays. However that all changed when his work roster got thrown out the window & now he's back to the go when needed, and come home when he's not needed.

So I decided against the Dawn Service at Kings Park. Instead we caught the train to the city & watched the parade. It was HUGE!! So much bigger than the Rockingham one. We got streetside vantage point, albeit a very crowded one. And we only had to wait about 1/2 hour before the parade came past. The girls were a bit antsy waiting, but enjoyed munching out on the home-made ANZAC biscuits that we made yesterday. They thoroughly enjoyed the start of the parade with the horses, the Navy, the bands, the old fire truck & waving their flags & clapping to the Old Diggers who went past. However the parade took almost 2 hours all up, and I think their patience ran out at about 1.5hrs. My hands were so sore from all that clapping. But I am grateful & it's but a small way to say thank you.

We caught the train back home again & it was totally packed out.

I can't upload any photo's as my computer is chocka block on the memory side of things. So my next job for tonight is to try to sort that little problem out!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya. Where do you catch the train from? Does it still run from Freo or do you have someone closer?
IT's weird hearing of Ikea in Perth!! Have to keep reminding me that it's been 13 years since I lived there, things move on!!! LOL

Tiff Firth said...

Hiya D. thanks for leaving a comment.

a bearing rain sounds a bit like a standing martingale. and as they both restrict head movement you cant jump in it as horses use their head and neck to bend over the jumps.
But thankyou so much for your very kind thoughts. I appreciate it. at least I can take photos from the car lol