Friday, April 24, 2009

7am

At 7am today, I was woken by my radio alarm. How cool is that!!! Well it is kinda cool considering I've been woken lately, earlier & earlier by ***someone*** wanting a cuddle. Just to clarify, David is actually offshore, so it's been the two most gorgeous girls of this house wanting some attention. But at "earlier & earlier", it aint always so gorgeous.

So anyway, to do the right thing by them, because I feel it's reasonable to expect that they stay in their own rooms & quietly entertain themselves until 7am, but it's a bit unreasonable to expect them to stay in there forever so that I can get a sleep in, so I got up & went down to their rooms. Sasha was already awake & playing quietly in her room with her room closed. Nikita was still asleep, cuddling her teddy & sucking her thumb. I climbed into her bed & gave her a cuddle to wake up to instead. :) So sweet. And the first thing she told me was about what she'd been dreaming. She'd dreamt that her finger was a paint brush & she was painting a picture of Daddy with spikey hair. Kinda cool to see her imagination hard at work as she slumbers on.

Had kind of a sucky day with them as they were both pretty whingey, whiney & niggling each other. By 1pm I'd had enough & put them both into bed for an afternoon sleep. They really needed it. At 3pm I went to wake them both up & things were much better in the late afternoon. Somehow I doubt I'll get to sleep until 7am tomorrow though.

AJ came over to mow the lawns late in the day. Both the girls helped me to move the swingset. I love getting them to help me with real things. Sasha paid him his $40 & Nikita went to great lengths to get him a beer and a stubby holder because the glass was cold. LOL She's seen David have a beer with him a couple of times & seems to think that he should get paid a beer every time.

The other bit of cool imaginitive play I saw today was when they sat at their red IKEA table & Nikita loudly pronounced "Let's play Governments" and Sasha replied "I'll be Kevin Rudd because he's my favourite Government" and then they played. Most of which I couldn't make head or tail of - nothing unusual when it comes to Governments anyway. There was a fair bit of dolly smacking, which I found a bit disturbing. And then Kevin Rudd apologised to the dolly. Make of that what you will.

On a side note, I've given up Pepsi Max about 3 weeks ago now. At Sasha's request. My weight's been on the increase. I think this is partly due to the dropping of the Pepsi Max, and also partly due to Easter/Camping and general crap diet. So tonight I'm getting back on the cross trainer & hopefully going to make some changes. Gotta stop the late night snacking for a start - that usually what causes the most problems for my weight I think. So unnecessary.

No comments: