Monday, February 02, 2009

Sasha's First Day of Year 1




Well the summer holidays have come & gone in the blink of an eye. I'm not even going to attempt to start to outline what we got up to - it was busy & that's all I'm going to say on the matter at this stage. Maybe *sometime* I'll make a little list of what we did.

For now though, I just wanted to celebrate a milestone. It's Sasha's milestone. Today she started her first day of full-time, COMPULSORY schooling in Year 1. Her classroom is LA3 & her Pre-Primary classmates & teacher have all come forward into Year 1 together which is just wonderful. She has a fab class and a great teacher. Methinks she's in for a fun year!

Kindy & Pre-Primary have been fun, and interesting & a great grounding for what will hopefully be a wonderful academic adventure. Last night Sasha was just about jumping out of her skin in excitement to be starting Year 1. It's so cool that's she's excited, rather than negative or even apprehensive.

So today, we as family, took her in to her new classroom & helped her to find her desk. She put all her supplies on her desk & sat down. All the parents hung around the classroom for a bit as if waiting in case Miss Pollini had any news/information for us, but she just dismissed us all & we left her to it.

When I picked Sasha up, she was still full of excitement & enthusiasm. She told me she'd been learning some rules about being in Year 1, and had been to her music lesson just before the end of the day - I'd seen her coming back from the library direction. How exciting!! I hadn't even contemplated that she'd have 'music lessons'.

I'm really looking forward to taking her in in the morning & having her show me her drawer & pencil pot & any other interesting things she wants to let me in on. I love been a school mum. :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How exciting!!! Her school bag is nearly as big as her.