Thursday, October 02, 2008

Her mother's daughter

She is her mother's daughter that Sasha-girl of mine. :) And sometimes she relives my past in such an uncanny way, it just amazes me. I love her with all my heart.

Today we went to see a movie called Wall-E - myself, Sasha, Nikita & Sasha's school friend Lauren. The movie is about a little robot left behind on Earth. Without going into too much detail he's a very lovable robot with more than a little, albeit mechanical, resemblance to ET. Anyway, the movie went for quite a long time, and once the popcorn, lollies & drinks had run out, Sasha sat quite quietly and became engrossed by the film.

The end of the movie was nearly very sad, but turned out happy. The lights came on and we all filed out of the cinema. As we had almost reached the door, Sasha was clinging onto one of my legs, making it difficult for me to walk, let alone keep track of three kids in the dark & ensure I didn't lose anyone. However, it soon became clear that she was holding onto me as she was overcome with emotion & she sobbed that she was going to miss Wall-E. The poor girl brought back memories of how I felt at the end of a wonderful film or book - that stabbing sense of loss. We found a seat & she sat on my lap for a big, long cuddle. Nikita & Lauren were very patient & kind. It was heartbreaking to see her so sad, but at the same time, it showed me yet another reason for loving her. I hope I remember this time forever, it was a special moment. :)

No comments: