Thursday, August 11, 2011

In the wars

Miss Nikita is having a sick day today.

Last night after dinner she started complaining of a sore throat. Then at 2am she woke me up because of it. I gave her some soluble kids panadol - she only drank half because her throat was so sore. Then she proceeded to burp up pretty much all she'd swallowed. I gave her a cepacol which has a numbing agent & antibacterials as well & then she came & 'slept' with me. Not sure how much sleep either of us got though.




Anyway I hoped she would be better by this morning, got her ready for school & she was quite upset. She thought she'd be crying for most of the day & was worried about making her friends sick.

I have to say that I feel so torn between my responsibilities. I'm supposed to be at work today. I've got things I should be doing. I can't do them from home as our Microsoft Office is too old & it'll cost us over $500 to upgrade.

But at the end of the day, I know that if I was a SAHM, I'd have no hesitation in keeping her home from school today. So maybe it's the right decision.




Yesterday at ice skating, she was complaining of a sore shin. I thought she was just being a bit of a drama queen, & she only had about 5 mins of her lesson left. I was shocked when I took her skate off to find this on her shin. Her stocking had rolled down & was rubbing underneath the front of her boot. Poor baby.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: